This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to establish, maintain and evaluate the organisation’s work health and safety (WHS) policies, procedures and programs in the relevant work area, according to WHS legislative requirements. It takes a systems approach and addresses compliance with relevant legislative requirements.
This unit applies to managers working in a range of contexts who have or are likely to have responsibility for WHS as part of their broader management role. It is relevant for people with obligations under WHS legislation, for example persons conducting a business or undertaking (PCBUs) or officers, as defined by relevant legislation.
- Discover how to establish a WHS management system in a work area.
- Know how to establish and maintain effective and compliant participation.
- Find how to establish and maintain procedures for effectively identifying hazards, and assessing and controlling risks in a work area.
- Learn how to evaluate and maintain a work area WHS management system.
- Gain skills and knowledge required for this unit.