In order for a business to be competitive, sustain business and customer expectations it is important to be able to make use of technology and keep pace with changes in technology and trends.
According to Deloitte’s Connected Small Business 2017 report, small businesses in Australia with advanced digital engagement are 50% more likely to grow revenue and earn 60% more revenue per employee as those with low levels of digital engagement.
Any business that does not consider technology across their business is likely to not succeed. Technology is now so intricately woven into customer expectations, business to business interactions, staff expectations and even financial and compliance requirements such as tax and GST reporting that that any organisation that does not keep pace with technology is in great danger.
Information technology and business are becoming inextricably interwoven. I don’t think anybody can talk meaningfully about one without the talking about the other.
The Internet has all but levelled the playing field for small-business marketers competing against established businesses and providing global coverage.
Cloud Technology Solutions provides small to medium businesses with access to sophisticated technology that they can instantly apply which they otherwise would not have the capabilities, time, budget or resources to use.
There are many benefits but there are just as many risks that need to be considered. The challenge is in ensuring that the technology is appropriate for the business and it is implemented and integrated into the business in a way that supports and aligns to the businesses overall business plan.
The key to success lies in:
- Ensuring that there is a balance of technology
- That digital activities are aligned to a business’s Business Plan and is not separate
- That there is a plan that provides structure and formal processes
- That the plan and the technology is constantly evaluated and improved to take advantage of changes in business, technology and user expectations.
The purpose of these resources is to provide the tools necessary for designing and implementing EBusiness in an organisation.
These resources apply to:
- BSBSMB423 – Create a digital technology plan for small business
- BSBSMB412 – Introduce cloud computing into business operations
- BSBEBU511 – Design and implement an eBusiness Solution.
Digital Technology for Business – Presentation Handouts V1
Digital Technology for Business- Learner Guide V2