This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to manage the performance of staff who report to them directly. Development of key result areas and key performance indicators and standards, coupled with regular and timely coaching and feedback, provide the basis for performance management.
It applies to individuals who manage people. It covers work allocation and the methods to review performance, reward excellence and provide feedback where there is a need for improvement.
The unit makes the link between performance management and performance development and reinforces both functions as a key requirement for effective managers.
- Discover how to allocate work.
- Know how to assess performance.
- Learn how to provide feedback.
- Understand how to manage follow up.
- Gain skills and knowledge required or this unit.
‘To win in the marketplace you must first win in the workplace.’
– Douglas Conant