This unit defines skills, knowledge and outcomes required to plan and supervise the performance of the team and develop team cohesion.
It applies team leaders, supervisors and new emerging managers who have an important leadership role in the development of efficient and effective work teams.
Leaders at this level also provide leadership for the team and bridge the gap between the management of the organisation and the team members. As such they must ‘manage up’ as well as manage their team/s.
- Discover how to plan to achieve team outcomes.
- Know how to lead team to develop cohesion.
- Learn how to participate in and facilitate work team.
- Understand how to liaise with management.
- Gain skills and knowledge required for this unit.
‘Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organisational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.’
– Andrew Carnegie